Saturday, November 28, 2020

Do It Over Designers - Recycling Your Throw-aways!




Today I am sharing a few quick and easy ways to recycle our typical throw-aways to create packaging for birthdays gifts, holiday gifts or last minute hostess gifts.

The first idea is to take a pizza/cookie box....


....and cover it with gift wrap...


...and attach a card, ornament or label on top:



So, what can you put inside?  

How about a chocolate pizza  (recipe HERE).....


...or cookies (try this delish recipe HERE) or candy (recipe HERE)




**************

I still enjoy magazines.  I know we can see most of the ideas, recipes and stories online, but there is something about flipping through the magazines, dog-earing pages that have something that caught my eye, and ripping out recipes!

I try to pass magazines on to someone else, but I have found a way to use the covers!


So, I created a few tote bags!
  
Sometimes I need just a small reusable bag when I run into a store and this is the perfect size:


These also make unique gift bags!


They are simple to make and all you need is 5 magazine covers, a grommet tool and grommets, ribbon or cording and a sewing machine!

What can you put inside?  Make-up, t-shirt, jewelry or any "fashionable" gift!

********************

My last idea is to use a large tin can and a wooden ornament that you can find at the craft store.  You can paint your own, or buy one already painted.  Spray paint a can and glue the ornament on the front:


These can be filled with cookies, sox, candy, jewelry....the ideas are endless!

**************************

Visit these other creative designers to see what they have created:


Thanks for stopping by!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. So many cool and creative recycle and upcycle gift wrapping ideas, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such wonderful ideas, Patti. I love the pizza/cookie box idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! My daughter would love those bags!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME idea! I'm always trying to be eco friendly and these are fantastic ideas. Thanks for sharing and wonderful crafting with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of that pizza box. Such a great idea and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, Patti! I have a few old canisters you have me eyeing now. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all phenomenal ideas Patti! I especially love the bags you made from magazines; so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ideas, all. But my fave is the pizza box! Too cute! Great upcycles! xo Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all great ideas for using items around the house to make bags, a holder for cookies and I love that cute tin. I too like magazines and so cleaver making a bag out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay Patti the cookie/pizza box is too cool.

    You have great vision.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them all, but blown away by the magazine tote bag that is just pure geniuses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your creative recycling ideas, Patti. The magazine carry bag is fabulous ! I love how you wrapped the box in wrapping paper too. I've used pizza boxes as canvas too. Loving your ideas.
    Naush

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great presentation ideas for gift-giving! My fave is the awesome magazine bag.

    ReplyDelete