Saturday, March 23, 2024

Do it Over Designers - FABRIC


Our Do it Over Task this month was to use FABRIC.  I purchased a little fabric drawstring bag to use as an Easter gift bag and decided to paint it with a few strokes and dots.  This literally took 3 minutes at most !  And read further to see what. I put into the bag !

I pulled out 3 colors of acrylic paint, brushes and a pencil.

I began by painting an arch for the bunny body:


...and added a head, ear and tail....


...and I used the eraser end of the pencil to dab on a few dots:


What was the bag for?
This adorable pin:

When I buy king sized sheets I always have to shorten the pillow cases because we do not have king sized pillows.  When I shortened these I kept the leftover fabric and used the scraps to design a pin.


It is the perfect embellishment for a spring jacket:


But I will gift it to a friend, using the cute bag I painted:


The pin was designed the same way as this one was made:


You can find the directions HERE


Hop on over to see what other bloggers designed with fabric:

Rosy Check



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. Your bunny pouch is adorable. I love the simplistic, beautiful way you painted the bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew that pin looked familiar! Cute project and a great way to use leftover scraps of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bunny is just adorable! It looks so simple to do, I may just have to use your technique for some spring crafts of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use leftover fabric and it's so much more special gifted in your cute bunny bag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always look forward to seeing your adorable projects, Patti! You are so talented and I love how you painted that sweet bunny on the bag with just a few creative strokes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea and oh how I love that little bunny you painted!! I have some fabric pouches like that, now I have an idea what to do with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bunny bag is so sweet! Love your floral pin too. Such a great way to repurpose some leftover fabric. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bunny bags are so cute. You are so crafty and I am loving that you could re love some fabrics into new treasures. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job on the bunny! Your fabric pin is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As someone who enjoys a bit of fabric painting myself I love this. It's so simple and yet so effective. What a beautiful gift, your friend is very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet little rabbit design! I'm sure any gift recipient will truly appreciate the hand painted bag and artsy pin.

    ReplyDelete