Saturday, May 27, 2023

Do It Over Designers


Our "Do It Over Designer Project" theme this segment is WOOD!


 

I found a square wooden frame at the local thrift shop and spray painted it grey:


Then I pulled out an old pair of jeans, cutting off one leg:


I cut on the grain so I could get a bit of fraying.


I washed them on gentle in the washing machine (they can get tangled easily) and let them dry a bit.


I ironed them and then began to fold the strips into flowers while fabric was still a bit damp.


I rolled them like you would if making "ribbon flowers":


Roll, then fold, roll, then fold....




I left a tail at the end.....


...flipped it over....


...added a lot of glue in the folds....


....and folded the flap down, so the underside looked like this:


Then it was time to decorate the frame!


I hot-glued the flowers onto the frame, and added two pinched denim leaves.


All it needs now is a cute photo!


Total cost: $1.00 for the frame, I had the spray paint and no cost for the jeans that were in the donate box!


Visit these other creative bloggers to see what they have redesigned using "wood":




Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely adorable!! I've never even considered making denim roses, but now I want an entire bouquet!! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm going to grab a vase!! Happy Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this transformation, Patti. Your denim roses are beautiful. I've made some before, but not using this method - I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those denim flowers are gorgeous Patti; what a transformation! I love to try this on my old denim too; thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea, what pretty frame makeover. I made a fabric flower like this YEARS ago and had completely forgotten that technique and how nicely they come out. I love them in denim. Luckily I have lots of old denim so I think some rolled denim flowers will be in my future before too long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Patti, super creative, and it turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Patti, the denim roses are so fun and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet, I love that it's simple and beautiful at the same time. Great job Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool is this, Patti! I love the dimensional effect of your lovely denim roses on the frame! And the frayed edges of the denim is an appealing contrast to the color of the frame! It's a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they look so great. I have to try this!

    Rachel - Tea and Forget-me-nots

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to make flowers and your denim roses turned out really cute, and they look great on that thrifted frame. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cool project and the Denim flowers are brilliant. A great repurpose of jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so pretty. Thanks for sharing how you made the flowers. I learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a lover of denim crafts so your frame is right up my alley. Your makeover looks great!

    ReplyDelete