Saturday, May 22, 2021

Do it Over Designers....MAPS

While I am away, and basking in the sun, I leave you with these clever ideas and a blog hop:

I am joining Ann from Apple Street Cottage who hosts a group of clever bloggers 6 times a year for Do It Over Designers.

I am sharing a few ways to use old school maps or travel maps.

My first idea is to simply frame a map for a child's bedroom.  This will encourage them to see other countries are located and realize how large our world is!


I had an old black frame and I simply stapled the map around the frame.  Hobby Lobby often sells frames that might have a damage corner, or a small crack, for little money, and would be perfect for this idea.  I used an old school map which was vinyl and easy to attach!


This is an old school chair, very sturdy, but the seat was worn and scratched.


Using Mod Podge, a map can be applied to update a desk chair for your home office:


Using the same procedure, I covered a damaged leather top wine table with a local paper map:


One of my favorite things to do with vacation town maps is to use them as gift wrap paper!


Another idea is to use a map to create an envelope:


Just take apart and envelope and use it as a pattern....


...and glue or tape it back together!


Attach a mailing label for the address:


You can also create gift bags in the same manner:


Thanks, Ann, for hosting Do It Over Designers!



Stop by to see what these other bloggers designed, updated and /or recycled:





Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Well done Patti! I'm so in love with your map ideas - especially that cute little chair. Did you find it difficult to decoupage the 'dip' in the seat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patti, I think they're all amazing ideas, but the gift wrap one is fabulous! I'm totally doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember as a very young child, looking at my grandfather's globe to see where my dad was working. Such a nice memory, and your maps project made me remember it! I love all the different ways you used maps. It would be hard to pick a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute map ideas, especially the chair. I love it! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas! Hope you're having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun theme to create projects using maps - especially while you're traveling, Patti! I love them all! Have a wonderful time and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are all fantastic ides. I especially love the bags, envelope and the wrapping paper!

    have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so many clever ideas for recycling maps! I'm going to try the map canvas idea for my 6 year old grandson's bedroom. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great ideas, I really love the chair and the envelope! It would be cool in a travel journal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all great ideas, Patti, but I especially love the table!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all great ideas, Patti. I think I love the idea of framing for a kid's room the best, but the wrap and bags are awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great ideas Patti. I really love the chair. I have used everything under the sun for giftwrap but never a map. I'll do that for traveling friends for future travels. I know you are enjoying your get-away basing in the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute ideas Patti! I love the chair and the gift wrap! Have fun on your vacay!

    ReplyDelete