Friday, September 18, 2020

Baked Pears


We picked pears last week and kept them in a paper bag to ripen!  



I baked 2 of them for dessert while we were eating dinner the other night and I thought I would share the recipe!



Ingredients:
  • large ripe pears
  • 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 T Brown Sugar
  • 2 T crushed pecans
  •  4 T Pure Maple Syrup


  • Preheat the oven to 350F.
  • Cut the pears in half and place on a baking sheet (cut sliver off the bottom if they don't sit upright)
  • Using a measuring spoon or melon baller, scoop out the seeds.


4.Sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar, top with walnuts and drizzle 1/2 T of maple syrup over each one.
5.Bake in the oven 30 minutes. Remove.  Drizzle the remaining 2 T syrup over tops, let cool and enjoy!



Don't be afraid to add a little whipped cream:


ENJOY!


The same recipe can be prepared with apples, too!!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. This definitely looks like a keeper. Thanks, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pears, lucky you to have a pear tree! This sounds divine Patti!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't those look marvelous! I should have bought pears at the market -- next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum, what a perfect dessert for the Fall. And it's pretty too! Have a wonderful week, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dessert with pears. They looks great on the MKC plate.

    ReplyDelete