Tuesday, October 8, 2024

A Halloween Al Fresco Dinner

It's time for another Tablescape Blog Hop, hosted by Rita @ Panoply  Visit the links at the bottom of this post for some seasonal inspiration!
     It's Pumpkin Season!



The summer weather is coming to a close in Central NY, so we relish the warm afternoons on the front porch.


I set our "little table for two" on the front porch for dinner: tomato soup, crusty french bread, chicken and roasted vegetables.


I painted Dollar Tree stemless wine glasses with pumpkins and set the table with Courtly Check and Freshly Picked enamel plates and Pottery Barn flatware:


I  made "pumpkins" out of Courtly Check napkins (see directions at end of the post):



The Courtly Check Jug kept the tomato soup nice and hot:




The little canape plates are perfect for bread:




Here's how I turned the napkins into pumpkins:


I used a napkin ring and I added a cut of a paper towel tube to add height, pulling the inside of the napkin up through both:


I pulled each corner to the centeer, tucking them into the paper tube:


I continued to tuck all edges into the paper tube: 


To add stems I cut little bits off our Japanese Maple tree (Cinnamon sticks would also work well!):  


Here is another with a striped Anthropologie napkin and mint leaves (this one looks more like an apple, doesn't it?):



LET'S HOP:



Hop around to see the table settings my clever blogging friends are sharing:

Home is Where the Boat Is - Pink, Eek and Ghostly Sweets
Hyacinths for the Soul - Tartan Spice is Very Nice!
Pandora's Box - A Halloween Alfresco Dinner You are here
My Thrift Store Addiction - BOO-tiful Brunch Buffet





Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. Alfresco dining is the best! Add in Courtly Check and pumpkins, and it's even better!
    Fun table with your special pumpkin details, Patti. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete