Wednesday, September 16, 2020

One Pot Stuffed Pepper Casserole....

I love one pot meals.  I love the idea of putting everything in one casserole dish or soup pot and how all the flavors blend together!



This is a recipe for Stuffed Pepper Casserole - all the flavors of Stuffed pepper with no mess!


Ingredients for 3 servings:
1T olive oil
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
2 oz green chiles
1/2 cup white minute rice
1/2 cup beef broth
1t chili powder
1/2 c cheddar cheese, grated
1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese, grated


In a skillet, fry ground beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned. Add peppers, cook until tender.  Stir in tomatoes, chiles, rice, beef broth,  chili powder, and season with salt and pepper to taste.  Bring to a boil, cover and drop heat to simmer until rice is cooked.  Remove from heat and top with cheeses, garnish with chopped chives and serve. 


I baked crescent rolls and we both enjoyed this new recipe!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe Patti. This definitely looks like something we would love. I bet it tastes even better when made in that great MC pot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look great - I do love bell peppers. I am experimenting with eggplant lately, and have made a few stuffed peppers as well. I'm looking forward to being able to use the oven more often!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks SO delicious! I haven't even had my breakfast yet, and I am already craving this. I like one-pot meals as well, particularly those that I can freeze in individual portions for later. There are weeks when I just cannot bring myself to cook, so eat from the freezer. This is going to be a dish for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this will be on the menu here for cool fall evenings. A new comfort food. Thanks for the recipe.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recipe. Looks easy and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stuffed peppers, so I know I;ll love this casserole. YUMMY!!! I will try it! I always enjoy the recipes I try from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds delicious, Patti. Stuffed peppers are one of my favorites! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJ's.

    ReplyDelete