Friday, October 1, 2021

Harvesting Basil

          Basil


Do you need ideas for all of your basil? 
 
Make sure you pick it before the first frost and wash and dry it well!




The easiest is to freeze the leaves.  I stack them and place in a zip bag.  When I need some I take out a stack and cut 'ribbons':


The color stays bright green and the flavor is preserved:



Here are a few more ideas:

















Hope you found some inspiration here - There is nothing like the scent and flavor of basil!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Our basil plants did so well this year, making pesto this weekend! The basil salt sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of garlic pesto butter! Thanks Patti. I'm going to make some and freeze pats of it to use for making garlic bread or crostini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Patti, We love basil, and it might be one of my favorite herbs. The basil salt sound great!

    ReplyDelete