Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Butter.....

I have had a few requests for a recipe of an herbal butter I posted on Facebook this week. 

 

First a little info on Butter:

Butter is the dairy product made from churning milk or cream. The churning process separates the butterfat (the solids) from the buttermilk (the liquid). The butter we most often buy is made from cow's milk




Butter is actually a very beneficial part of our diet that can improve our immune system, regulate hormones, protect vision, boost metabolism, increase brain function, reduce chances of heart  disease and blood pressure, is a good source of Vitamin A and protects us from cancer . Furthermore, it can protect against gastrointestinal conditions, while ensuring proper development of the brain and nervous system development.

************

I think I have a "thing" for butter dishes....I didn't realize that until I began to take photos of them!

This little girl is from Anthropologie:


I have a few of these "individual" butter dishes and I added some paint to them to coordinate with my Courtly Check dishes:


This is another cute one from Anthropologie....


..and I have it in white, too.  This one is my "everyday" butter dish:


I have used this one with my CC enamel dishes, too.  It's an old silver plated dish that I painted:


This one I painted for a friend:


Here is one I use with my M-C dishes - I am on the hunt for the matching plate:


This one is the CC butter house, but it is large.  I use this more for cheeses and spreads than butter:



And I enjoy making flavored butters for vegetables.  These were made in candy molds, frozen and then popped onto a plate:



You can also roll the butter into a tube and then slice it or serve it in a butter dish.

Here are some quick and tasty flavors to blend together.  I use unsalted butter at room temperature, and then refrigerate it before slicing.  If using a candy mold, it is easier to freeze the butter and then they will pop right out of the mold.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Garlic Basil Butter

1/2 stick of butter, 1 minced garlic clove and 3-4 basil leaves, minced
  • Chive Butter
  • 1/2 stick of butter and 2-3 T of chopped chives, dash of salt and pepper
  • Sun-dried Tomato Herbal Butter
  • 1/2 stick butter, 1 clove garlic minced, 2 T sundried tomatoes, drained, minced.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • The Chive Butter is delish on baked potatoes, the Garlic-Basil is great on corn and the Sun dried Tomato Herbal Butter is so good on veggies.  The leftover butter can be frozen for the summer, but it usually goes quickly around here!
  • ENJOY!


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. I love how you molded your butter. It's so pretty, and I know it tastes great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flavored butter but never think to make some. Thanks for the recipes! You have quite the collection of butter dishes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the MKC CC butter cover and use it everyday, with a small dish of butter under so it's handy, the butter is soft and the cover hides it in plain sight. I love all your collection, and great job on the CC knock-offs!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your wonderful collection of butter dishes. Thanks for sharing your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh swoon - I came for the butter, but stayed for the dishes! What a fun collection of butter dishes you have - and the ones you painted to look like Courtly Check - I wouldn't have known if you hadn't told me! I have to try molding them like this, and what a great idea to freeze them. Pretties butter flowers I have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete