Saturday, May 19, 2018

Little Britto.....

Romero Britto (born October 6, 1963) is a Brazilian artist, painter, serigrapher and sculptor. He combines elements of cubism, pop art and graffiti painting in his work, using vibrant colors and bold patterns as a visual expression of hope and happiness.




My grandson learned about Romero Britto's art in his 3rd grade art class.  I was fortunate while visiting that I got to attend his art show.  

Carter created a self-portrait in Britto-style:




I absolutely love his interpretation and creativity!


I was introduced to Britto's art work while on a cruise years ago.  His use of vivid color and bold lines caught my eye as I strolled into gallery in awe of the designs!


If you would like to learn more about Britto, go HERE



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. I think Carter’s self portrait would be perfect framed in a Courtly Check frame. He has a great eye for color and composition. Thanks for inviting us for a peek. CherryKay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! Precious grandson and great artwork!! I LOVE Britto!!!!! I also saw his work while traveling. What a great inspiration for young artists!!!
    I got a chalk drawing from my granddaughter for mother’s day...it hangs at my lake house with pride!! Aren’t kids just the best??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous! I hope this is framed and hanging in his room. Carter has real talent. I wonder who he gets that from???? I suspect all those visits to Nina's have filled Carter with ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Question about it. Your grandson has talent! I love hie masterpiece! Enjoy your week, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not heard of Britto but I love his bright zentangle-like style. Your grandson is adorable and I love his self-portrait!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cute grandson really understood how to interpret his self portrait in Britto style! He's very talented!

    ReplyDelete