Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Hey, Pumpkin, What's for Lunch?

Hey there, cute pumpkin!


Join me for lunch and then hop around to see some other fabulous Halloween tables.  Thanks Rita @ Panoply for hosting another fun themed blog party!


The table is set for two, John and I, for an early Halloween lunch:




The Courtly Checked enamel plates are perfect for pasta salad and quick bread:



The MacKenzie-Childs Jug is filled with Apple Cider from Beak & Skiff, our local orchard.  

In the paper flatware pocket are plastic twig forks, knives and spoons and a plastic boney hand (for dessert - Apple Crisp!)


This compote was a prototype that I bought at the M-C outlet, it's a favorite piece and perfect for pasta salads!




The little butter dish is a sample Pheasant Run dish that also came from the M-C Outlet:


Huge lollipops sit in mini pumpkin pails:


I bought these cork backed pumpkin placemats at Home Goods last year:






Here is what I served:



For dessert:


For more Halloween Table Setting inspiration, visit these bloggers:
Home is Where the Boat Is - Halloween Rules
Hyacinths for the Soul - Pumpkin Wishes and Candy Corn Kisses
Everyday Living - A Grand(s) Halloween Party
Pandora's Box - "Hey Pumpkin, What's for lunch?"  YOU ARE HERE
The Bookish Dilettante - October Vignette: Think Pink!
Thrifting Wonderland - Dinner With Ghoulish Gourds
My Thrift Store Addiction - Elegantly Eerie Arachnophile Tea Party
Life and Linda -  Happy Boo Tablescape
The Painted Apron -  The Witch's Hat
Me and My Captain - Black is the New Orange
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Broom Parking - Halloween Tablescape
Red Cottage Chronicles - Orange and Black Halloween Tablescape




Sterling Check Banners 



Cutlery

  


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

20 comments:

  1. Your tablesetting is very pretty and quaint, Patti! It certainly is a welcoming site! And your Broccoli and Grape Pasta looks quite delicious! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A totally eye-catching tablescape, Patti. The placemats caught my attention right away with that multi-dimensional appearance in the overhead shot. They look really good with the M-C salad plates on them. Plastic twig flatware - who would've thought?! Love all your M-C elements, and that first photo of the pumpkin on the fluted saucer and candlestick is an amazing angle. Thanks for joining the Halloween fun today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so cute Patti! I adore the MC orange checked pumpkin, it looks so cute on it's perch! I love the pumpkin placemats too, and of course all of your MC pretties! Lunch sounds wonderful, yum!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, your table is charming! I love all of the MC, especially the orange checked pumpkin. The menu sounds delicious and please pass me a slice of zucchini bread, one of my favorites. It is a pleasure to hop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those placemats are fantastic! It is almost a shame to cover them up with place settings, isn't it? All of your MacKenzie Childs collection in black and white is just so perfect for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Patti, it looks like a fun table at which to enjoy a delicious lunch. I have a set of those big pumpkin placemats and enjoy using them. CC looks terrific on them! My mini orange pumpkin is in route. I look forward to adding it to my patch. Envious of your cute Pheasant Run small plate. I have pieces in the PR pattern. It's a favorite! Too bad they didn't produce the plates. I love the wheat with the pumpkins. Happy Halloween Blog Hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table looks great and your lunch menu sounds delicious. Karen (Back Road Journal)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, this is such a pretty table for two that you have set. I love all the MC elements and that pumpkin is gorgeous! The butter dish is so cute. Your menu sounds delicious and I hope you had a lovely lunch. So nice to blog with you. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Courtly Check and Pumpkin Love! The plastic skeletal hand is hoot paired with your high-end MKC pieces. Lunch sounds yummy, I’ve made that pasta salad using rotini, it’s always a hit! As always, it’s a treat to join you at the table and hop with you. Happy October🎃

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, I am loving your cute black, white and orange table setting and your recipes look delicious--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patti, you have a great collection of pretty pottery pieces that tie in beautifully with the rest of you Halloween lunch table.
    Happy October
    Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the touches of spooky Halloween (jack o'lanterns and bony flatware) that you've added to a table that could last all October. The graphic black and white checks are perfect sophisticated accents for a Halloween celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is so cute, Patti. Courtly Check is perfect for Halloween because all you need is a little orange! Your centerpiece is darling! I also like the skeletal flatware and pockets holding them. Your dessert sounds delish! I have not had one thing apple flavored so far this fall, so maybe I should bake your apple crisp recipe. I'm pinning it! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your table for two is so inviting, Patti. It's welcoming and colorful and I'm sure you had a wonderful lunch. The menu looked delicious and I am definitely going to be trying your recipes. Loved the black and white checks...perfect for Halloween.
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your MC luncheon for you and John. The courtly check is so fun. Fun little pieces you got from the MC outlet. The skeletal hands and pockets are adorable. The menu sounds wonderful. It's nice to see your whole room. Always a pleasure Patti hopping along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Patti, your collection of MC pieces is always so impressive and I am in love with the pumpkin. I think the Courtly Check is perfect for Halloween! The little flatware pockets are such a fun idea, not to mention the flatware tucked inside! What a lovely autumn menu for you and John to enjoy! The apple crisp looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your luncheon sounds wonderful and to be served on MKC is a sure treat!! You have so many cute Halloween pieces. Very fun table with all the checks!! Enjoy your Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful table, Patti, and the skeleton utensils are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the yummy recipes. The skeleton hands for your salad serving are so fun. Your table just pops with fun. Happy Sunday. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  20. Patti...I always look forward to your blog hop posts because I know I will be seeing a treat with all your MC pieces and this post did not disappoint at all. LOVE it all. I especially appreciate the recipes so thank you for including them. I will be trying each one later on. I also like your "high/low" pieces as it gives off that eclectic vibe. It is always a pleasure to hop with you. Kari

    ReplyDelete