Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Dinner on The Old Round Table....


Once again, Rita from Panoply is hosting a Tablescape Hop and the talented women who are participating are listed at the end of this post!

The round table in my dining room is over 100 years old.  My mom bought it at an antique store in the late 60's and refinished it.  The wooden wheels still work well and it's been in my home for over 14 years:



The table is set for John and I.  Our nightly dinners are quiet and simple and I love to use all of my holiday dishes throughout the month.  You can see many of my other table settings here.


I covered the table with a square tablecloth by MacKenzie-Childs.  The star dishes are topped with holly plates and an Evergreen cup and saucer.



The candle in the center of the table is battery operated and has a candle ring from Grandin Road.  The stemware was hand painted by me a few years ago:



A simple candle ring is wrapped around the napkins:













What's for dinner?  Chicken, potatoes and cranberry sauce!




This MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Enamel Pillar Candlestick is the perfect addition to any table top:



Check out these fabulous tables:

Hyacinths for the Soul - Plaid Tidings
Everyday Living - Repeat the Sounding Joy
Home is Where the Boat Is - It's a Marshmallow World with Snowmen
The Bookish Dilettante - Christmas Traditions Tablescape
Red Cottage Chronicles - English Cottage Christmas Tablescape
Pandora's Box - Dinner on the Old Round Table. You are here
From My Carolina Home - Vintage Christmas Tablescape
Thrifting Wonderland - Christmas Tree Magic
Corner of Plaid and Paisley - Christmas Nutcracker Table
Belle Bleu Interiors - A Joyous Christmas Table
The Cat's Whiskerz - A Rustic Christmas Tablescape
Me and My Captain - A German Christmas Tablescape
The Painted Apron - The Season of Giving









Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

14 comments:

  1. I like to use my Christmas stoneware all month too. Pretty table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table is beautiful, Patti, and such a wonderful history that comes to you. So many memories reside in that table. It's lovely that you and your husband enjoy dining at the table. Simple is lovely and in this case also very festive. Loved the tablecloth and of course your beautiful china. I am impressed that you painted your goblets. They look wonderful and add a lot of color and pattern to the table. You are all ready for the festive season ahead. Merry Christmas!
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, those holly plates are just beautiful and I always enjoy seeing your MC decor! Wishing you a joyous Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I love a round dining table! How special to have this one from your mother to cherish and use daily. I continue to set tables for two just keep my table looking ready for a meal. It's a fun way to enjoy my obsession with dishes! Ha! Ha! The start plates are a perfect example of having a staple to use again and again with lots of different patterns. Love the dark green and stary pattern. Dinner sounds delicious! Enjoy your dinners with John. Set beautiful tables for the two of you. Make every moment special!
    You asked if I covered the drink carton myself. No, it is one I found years ago and keep it in my tartan stash. It's fun! You, of course could easily make one yourself. You are crafty! Me, not so much! Ha! Ha! Happy Holidays, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a special table full of memories Patti, and it looks beautiful set for 2 with MKC pretties! Love the plate stack, I'm crazy about the holly plates and they look wonderful on top of the green star plate. The candle centerpiece is so pretty and I love seeing your lighted Christmas tree in the corner. Your handpainted glasses are beautiful! Your husband is in for a delicious dinner, I want to try those recipes!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story behind your table, and it's the perfect size for dinner for two. Your tablescape is so pretty, and I love your centerpiece with the MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check candlestick. I also like your stacks, and I really wish I had purchased the Christmas enamelware. You did an amazing job painting your glasses! I really like them. I'm also going to take a look at your recipes. I need to be inspired by new things! Merry Christmas! XO, RJ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I love the story of your old round table. It is so precious your mom refinished it and now it's yours. The centerpiece is so striking with your MKC piece. The dishes, mug is lovely as a plate stack. Your Christmas tree is sparkling in the corner. Wishing you and your hubby a joyful holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, your table is lovely, both in history and in style! I love the MKC tablecloth and your star dishes compliment it so well. The holly plates are wonderful as well. It all looks like a warm and inviting setting with your tree aglow in the corner. I hope you have a very merry Christmas season🎄🤶

    ReplyDelete
  9. Patti, I love the sweet story of your old round table. Round table dining for two is perfect! The plate stack is so pretty. All of your MC pieces are beautiful! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous table! Your mother did a fantastic job of breathing new, brown life into that table. I love brown furniture, still, and it pains me to see people want to buy really well-constructed furniture to paint (old, rickety furniture is okay to do that with). I love your pattern play, Patti. That tablecloth is gorgeous. M-C has had some beautiful textiles (beaded and cloth, both) over the years. That dinner, mouth-watering good! Did you use a silicone mold for your cranberry sauce? Nordicware made one similarly, but wouldn't be good for acidics. Beautiful! Thank you for bringing your love of M-C, your artistic talents, and creative flair in homemaking to our tablescape group. Merry Christmas season to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful table! I wouldn't want to cover it up! But, the tablecloth you choose is equally pretty! I love your place settings, and it is a reminder to us all that setting the table everyday is worth it! Your centrepiece is lovely, and I can imagine the candle flickering. Oh, and thank you for incuding the recipes! I will be trying those potatoes and the fun cranberry jelly mold! So fun :) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. There they are Patti....yep those wonderful MC pieces. Your tables would not be complete without those lovely pieces. How special is your Mother's table and that you have used it to setup a table for two. I love that you included recipes as we can never have too many, can we? I want to try all of them! Thank you for your inspiration and for being a part of this hop. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Patti, your table is gorgeous and it must be very special to you. You've decorated it beautifully with those green star plates and holly salads. The M-C pieces you chose are the perfect accents for your table and the table topper is beautiful. Your painted stemware looks fabulous and your menu sounds so delicious. Love the cranberry mold too. Merry Christmas to you and yours and wishing you a lovely holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Patti, I always swoon at all of your pretty MacKenzie-Childs pieces. I have the Flower Market Green, but I am wanting to add some of the Christmas pieces to my collection. Your Christmas dinnerware is so pretty! The antique dinner table is stunning, and as an antique lover I enjoyed reading about its history. I hope that you have a joyous Christmas season! Shannon@Belle Bleu Interiors

    ReplyDelete