Thursday, December 14, 2017

My Holiday Home....

I am posting these photos, more for my "journaling" so I can reflect back in years to come and also to share some of my ideas with you.

Outdoors I have trimmed our home in purples to match the front door:


The snow makes it look so magical...


...but this is enough for me!


Our family room is all trimmed, Christmas music is playing and the scented candles are burning!


Our family tree is quite traditional with ornaments from my childhood tree, my grandfather's tree, homemade by our children and grandchild, many from our travels and many special ones gifted from dear family and friends:


My plan is to wrap in black and white this year (but I haven't got too far yet!)


The mantle is filled with mercury glass, crystal and silver trees:





The dining room usually has a tree, but somehow it just didn't make it up this year (but at the end of the post you can see last year's)



I bought Grandin Road's candle rings this year and they are beautiful!! This  is the M-C globe canister and I turned the lid upside down to support the candle!!





My favorite holiday collection is found in this cabinet:


Years ago I began collecting Possible Dreams carolers and santas:




The kitchen tree....


...with an assortment of Mackenzie-Childs, C Radko, Wegmans and hand painted ornaments:





My Swarovski Tree reflects little sparkles all over the ceiling!


My favorite Santa that I made in 1991:


The three wisemen stand on a side table:



My fav picture of Santa hangs in my favorite corner:


Fairy lights are tucked into another candle ring:



My kitchen table will see many different groupings throughout the month:



If you haven't read this book, do so, it's what family and the season is all about!


A small snowman collection sits on the kitchen counter:


I made this "Christmas Crate" in 1991 and it's another favorite of mine:


A candle, on a timer, brightens up the hallway at night:


The "sports" tree is my husbands favorite:


My home is ready for the holidays - finally!


May all who enter as guests, leave as friends:


Wishing you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Peaceful and Happy New Year!




Sharing with Imparting Grace
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

15 comments:

  1. A lovely home and nicely decorated you are ready for christmas.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow, Patti. Your home looks really pretty, and thanks for sharing it all. That's still a lot of trees, even without the DR one this year!
    I do the same thing - lots of photos to help jog my memory for placement or changes in years following. It always helps. I've found it true at home as it is in the booth displays - pictures show much better what, if anything, needs tweaked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done! I love your three wise men.

    Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and loving on all the MC. Have a blessed and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh I don't know where to start on my comment.
    When I was first married I picked out purple furniture for our living room and your outside decorations sure brought back those old memories.
    Them OMGosh that Courtney Check table is FABULOUS girl also your white cabinet with the carolers is wonderful. It all looks luscious

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love your purple outdoor decorations, Patti! And I especially love your purple door! I wish I could have one, but I don't think the community committee would approve. All of the houses must be cohesive in colors and designs. Your entire home looks very lovely and I so much enjoy looking at how everyone decorates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS I shared a picture of your front door (with a link) on my PurpleHuesandMe FaceBook page!

      Delete
  7. Your home is warm and inviting - love the purple door! Each area is so pretty in its Christmas decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your purple door is stunning! And all the black and white checks everywhere add so much to the festive feel. I love that you display your collections of favorite things. It never gets tiring to see them out once a year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, let me through that fabulous purple door! It is just so stunning and makes such a statement!
    You could be a MacKenzie Child's showroom! My favorite is your Courtly Check table! I have admired that piece for years and years! And that MC tree in the kitchen! Drooling all over my laptop over all of your beautiful pieces! You have a real talent for display!
    I couldn't believe the adorable MC inspired deer placecard holders you made for Rita! You are so talented in so many ways! They and the pillow were just adorable! Have a fabulous Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, your home looks so beautiful decorated for Christmas. I love your front door! Have you seen Pantone's 2018 Color of the Year?

    BTW I bet you can guess which tree is my favorite....I love your pretty MacKenzie-Childs tree in your kitchen. Your collection of ornaments is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was quite surprised when I saw your front door, I was expecting black & white checks! 🤣 What a warm and welcoming entry and all your vignettes and decorations look amazing. Of course I'm drawn to all the MKC pretties and those boxes under your tree! My house is decorated but I haven't wrapped the first present and there are brown boxes piled up everywhere and it's a general mess! You have inspired me to get busy!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the purple door, and it evokes Welcome, Come On In and see the rest of my pretties! You know how much I love the Courtly Check table! Cute MKC themed tree in the kitchen, and I recognize the star ornament :-) Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how you've displayed your Swarovski ornaments! Where did you find that tree? I'd love to get one for my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - I bought the tree at Pier 1 Imports about 4 years ago. I noticed this year they have a smaller one in white (which I think would be pretty with the crystals)

      Delete