Monday, January 31, 2011

$7.00 curtains

I am joining Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays at Coastal Charm
Hop on over to join in on the great fun!

This is the only room in my home that I never really decorated. We call it "Caitlin's room", even though she doesn't live here (I am in "empty nest denial"). There was never a reason to spend a lot of time and energy here because we rarely use the room. It was colorless - tan and white with a bed and a black leather couch - and it needed COLOR!
TJMaxx has a sale section where I bought these red crinkled sheers for only $7.00 pr. And at the Christmas Tree Shop I bought this print for $10.00:
The comforter set was purchased at Big Lots for only $25.00 and the red pillows were from the Tree for only $1.79:
So, for a small investment, I have my favorite color combo and a bright cheery room for Caitlin!
Even though she doesn't live here :-(

5 comments:

  1. very pretty. The red really pops.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Caitlin so I can't say for SURE, but PERHAPS "her" room is all the cleaner and neater for he NOT living there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww, empty nest denial. that is so sweet tho, and i love that you were able to get your fave color combo for such great prices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you made a room for Catlin!! I think its important that kids always have a room at home , even after they grow up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the red and black...this just might be my master bedroom colors in a few months! And my experience with my kids is that they come back and bring somebody with them. The room is beautiful and ready!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...