Saturday, August 10, 2024

Strawberry Zucchini Jam Appetizer

You have probably heard of Strawberry Tomato Jam - but have you ever had Strawberry Zucchini Jam?  


STRAWBERRY ZUCCHINI JAM

Ingredients

  • 4 cups finely shredded zucchinido not drain liquid out
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • 3 ounce box strawberry Jell-O

Instructions

In a stock pot over medium heat, add grated zucchini, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 8-10 minutes. Add Jell-O powder and stir until fully incorporated. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Mixture will look thin but will continue to thicken as it cools.




After mixture has cooled slightly, transfer into jars (leaving a 1/2 inch gap at the top to account for expansion when freezing) and allow to cool completely to room temperature with lids off. After jam has cooled, add lids and store in the refrigerator or freezer. (recipe from: zucchinizone.com)



A few jars went into the freezer and a few went to friends.

The first time I tried it I spread it on toast.  

The second time I used it for an appetizer:


I used THIS RECIPE and instead of grated cheddar I used 1/4 of a slice, added a dollop of jam and then drizzled the balsamic over the top


I placed them into paper cups for easy serving:



This is a quick and easy appetizer - delicious and easy to serve!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. wow I can't wait to make this. I'm always looking for new ways to use zucchini, this will be a good one. Thank you Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete