Sunday, February 4, 2024

Tater Tot Appetizers


I had the most delicious appetizer at Bunco the other night and I altered the recipe a bit and made some for friends for our "Game Day":



I found the original recipe in Pinterest (at end of post), but here is what I did with what I had on hand:

I placed two Tater Tots in each small silicone muffin cup and baked at 450° for 10 minutes.  I then used a shot glass to squish them down to form a "cup":


I baked them for another 10 minutes, and then sprinkled a mixture of shredded Pepper Jack cheese and Toscano Black Pepper cheese (Trader Joes) over each cup.  Then they were put back into the oven for a few minutes until cheese melted.


I added a dollop of Pepper Jelly into each cup:


The heat from the baked cup melted the jelly a bit....


...and they were ready to pop out of the silicone mold and serve:


DELISH!!!

The next time I might add a dollop of spinach dip instead of the jam!  The filling options are endless!


Here's the original recipe:

Tater Tot Appetizer Cups https://thefeatherednester.com

  • 48-60 frozen tater tots (16-oz bag)
  • ¾ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
  • ½ cup sour cream
  • 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
  • 2 green onions, sliced (green part only)
  • Preheat oven to 450ºF. Spray muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
  • For mini-sized muffin pan: Place 2-3 tater tots in each muffin cup.
  • For regular sized muffin pan: Place 4-5 tater tots in each muffin cup.
  • Place tater tots muffin pan on bottom rack of the oven and and bake 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven.
  • Spray bottom of shot glass or small juice glass with cooking spray. Use it (in a twisting motion) to press the tater tots in each muffin cup to make potato cup. Return to oven; bake additional 15 minutes or until deep golden brown.
  • Add 1 tablespoon of cheese to each potato cups. Bake for 4-5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Transfer to platter and let cool for 5 minutes.
  • Add sour cream, bacon, and green onion to each tater tot cup, and other garnishes. Serve warm.

This MacKenzie-Childs Courtly Check Ceramic Serving Platter would be a perfect plate to serve these!






Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to make something like this for a while, thanks Patti!

    ReplyDelete