Saturday, November 25, 2023

Painting on Glass ~ Do it Over Designers

This is a quick and easy makeover to update a plain piece of glassware for the holidays. 
These would be a well received gift to give to a friend or colleague during the season.

The only supplies you need will be a foam dauber, a bottle of enamel paint and a piece of glassware.
I am joining a group of creative bloggers, compiled by Ann @ Apple Street Cottage - and at the end of this post you will find links to their recycled projects!


For this project I chose a glass cylinder and 4 glasses.

I spread a little of enamel paint on a piece of aluminum foil, press the dauber into the paint, dabbed off a little off and gently pressed onto the clean glassware.


I also had 4 old blank glasses from MacKenzie-Childs....


I purchased them second hand from a gal who bought them years ago at the Barn Sale....




I painted them the same way, to match the cylinder:


This is a quick and easy project, even a child can do it!


I baked the glasses in the oven, according to the directions on the label.  


I will package them with straws and a recipe for a Christmas Cocktail.



Here's a tasty one:


These would bring this gift to the next level: 
MacKenzie-Childs Tartastic Serving Trays:
Hop around for some more makeover ideas:








Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Patti! I love the simplicity of the design. Very elegant...very doable! Perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely gift idea Patti! Can't wait to try your cocktail recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great gift idea Patti! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an easy way to dress up a simple glass! Since I'm really not a painter, I may need to give it a try. The cocktail sounds delish - I've been on a Cranberry Mule kick lately, so I already have the vodka and cranberry juice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple to do and yet very sophisticated in looks, Patti! Your creativity is amazing! Anyone would love receiving this awesome gift!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these Patti, so festive and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a quick easy update like this, they look fab! The cocktail sounds delicious too, what a lovely gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an easy way to festive up some plain glasses. Super simple and super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how a simple technique can turn a plain glass into something festive. Great looking project.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I painted glassware years ago, probably 15 or 20. I had an Asian themed dinner party and painted Chinese characters on all the glasses. I really enjoyed doing that. Thanks for the reminder. These look darling. That cocktail sounds good as well. I have never had elderflower liquor, but I’ve been curious about it. I wish it came in smaller bottles just in case I end up not liking it.

    ReplyDelete