Saturday, September 23, 2023

Do it Over Designers - Broken Dishes!


What can you do with a $50 MacKenzie-Childs plate that is broken?



Break it up some more!!

The Do It Over Designers are at it again - thanks to Ann at The Apple Street Cottage
At the end of this post you can hop around and see what other designers are sharing!

Back to my broken plate:

I purchased a package of wooden star ornaments at Hobby Lobby for 50% off:


I also bought some putty at the Dollar Tree:


I slathered the putty onto the wooden stars:


Finally, I played with the plate shards, pressed them in firmly and let it dry over night:


An ornament to remind me not to be so clumsy in the kitchen!!



Shop for beautiful ceramics at MacKenzie-Childs:

Just don't drop them!!

Take some time to hop around for more inspiration:
Joining Between Naps on the Porch

Sterling Check Banners
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Well that's a lemonade from lemons kind of craft and it's perfect! I'll have to keep this one in mind for sure!! Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh No! You must have been gutted when your beautiful plate broke. This is such a lovely way to save it and give it a new life and a new purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we've all had a moment like this one, but what a wonderful way to save that beautiful dish! Great idea, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genius idea, Patti! What an awesome inspiration! I think MCK might come up with a similar product like your lovely creation! I'm sure they have lots of broken items plates!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute re love of the MCK broken plate. Happy Weekend. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, those are super cute, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Patti! Sorry your plate got broken...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have been just crushed if one of my expensive plates had been broken. I do think I know how you feel though. One year my husband knocked over an antique tureen that my mother had given me for Christmas. Smashed it to smithereens. Turning it into an ornament would’ve been a great idea. Well done here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your star turned out really cute. Great use of that lovely broken plate.

    ReplyDelete