Monday, December 12, 2022

Sugared Cranberries



A bag of Ocean Spray cranberries can last up to a month in the refrigerator! But what can you do if you have leftovers? 

  




Sugared Cranberries

  1.  In a small saucepan, simmer 1/4 cup water and 1/4 cup sugar for 3 minutes.
  2. Stir in 1/2 cup cranberries to coat then remove from heat and stir another 1 minute.
  3. Remove cranberries with a slotted spoon and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet and dry out for 1 hour.
  4. Roll sticky cranberries, 10-12 at a time,  in 1/2 cup sugar to coat.
Keep them refrigerated and you can snack on them.....


....or decorate with them:


Of course you could also make cranberry sauce, jelly, cranberry brie bites, cranberry muffins, stuffing, and cranberry bread, too!


These cranberries would also look terrific on this MacKenzie-Childs Scottish Bouquet Cookie Plate:
OR on these paper plates!


Table Set

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. I buy cranberries when they start to show in the store and freeze them so I can enjoy these sweet treats for months beyond Christmas! (I freeze them after I sugar them, too.) Sometimes three or four frozen cranberries is a perfect sweet snack! I love decorating with them, too, and dropping fresh cranberries in our water glasses at the holiday table. They're such a wonderful fruit! I know everyone will love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lost my comment. Hate when that happens. Anyway, I love sugared cranberries or just plain old cranberry relish. Have a wonderful week, Patti. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete