Saturday, October 15, 2022

Butter Board - or Butter Schmear....

Last week, when a group of friends gathered over charcuterie, they chatted about butter schmears, some refer to it as a butter board - it's just what it sounds like!



This is the latest craze!!

We love seasoned butter, so I bought some fresh bread and mixed up a little "schmear"....



...and spread it on a mini cutting board:


The trick is to keep your butter at room temperature to prepare it and serve it!


These Appetizer Plates are perfect for 'little bites'!

Here is how I made mine, but there are many recipes here on my blog (search butter) as well as online!


I was lucky that my little herb garden is still growing strong!

If you have leftover butter and need an easy way to use it up, make french fries!


I mixed the leftover butter with a little EVOO and tossed it over the potatoes and baked them in the oven for 20 min at 425°

 
And they were delish!

Have you tried a Butter Board yet?


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. I bet those fries were yummy. Happy Saturday Patti. xoxo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti, I've been looking a various butter boards lately, trying to decide if I want to do one or not, part of me thinks its cool, but another part of me is thinking messy and sort of gross 😂 but I do like the idea of individual butter boards, hmmm, you have inspired me! And your potatoes are a genius idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, YUM! HA! I used to do this years ago before it was a 'thing'. LOL. I was either ahead of my time or too lazy to do anything else. Love that this is happening and that is a great idea about using the leftover butter. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, I went to a fall festival on Saturday, and one of the artisans who makes the most beautiful breadboards and other trays was talking about butter boards and even did a demo. I know that my family would enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't heard about the butter boards until I read Jenna's blog, Patti, and here you're onto it too. It sounds like a fun idea, and I love making bread, so this would be great.

    ReplyDelete