Friday, October 21, 2022

A Paint Party with friends!

Seven girlfriends and I took a painting class and made Lazy Susans at Miller's Crossing Design Center



The first thing we did was to choose the transfers that we wanted to apply on the Lazy Susan, and then we painted the wood with Fusion Mineral paint:


After painting the wood, we rubbed on the transfers, then coated it with a finish to protect it all.


Busy Bees:


I chose a "wine theme" , using grape transfers:


There were lots of flowers....


..and a variety of colors....


...and beautiful designs:


*************

I brought "1911 Orchard Palmer" cocktails and little charcuterie cups for a snack while our paint was drying!



Here's how I made the little cups to hold the snacks:

I bought flat pumpkin cards, little muffin cups and little pumpkin skewers.



I stapled the muffin cups to the front of the pumpkin cards:


On the little skewers, I added a cube of cheese, ham and pickle and also tucked in some chocolate!


I bought the pumpkin skewers at Hobby Lobby:





I brought the cocktail in a plastic beverage dispenser I bought last year at the Dollar Tree!


To make one serving:




It's always fun to get together with girlfriends, especially when we can be creative!!






Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Those charcuterie cups are so cute, Patti. I know everyone was wildly impressed by them! I sure am. The plaques are very pretty -- so, if I have this right, you first painted the base and then after it dried stuck on the various transfers in the patterns you liked? Or did you paint around the transfers? (I'm not seeing where the painting part of the painting class comes in!) Poly over the top to preserve it, like a decoupage? I'd love to know more on the process but boy, the end results are really lovely and most of all it looks like a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool is this?? I always chuckle when I realize it’s always the home Ec teachers who provide all the cuteness!!! (lil bias there!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How much fun Patti and your charcuterie cups are adorable! The Orchard Palmers sound delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such a fun nite! Have a great weekend, Patti!

    ReplyDelete