Sunday, March 6, 2022

Herbal Butter

Herbal Butter 
It is so easy to prepare and it adds so much additional flavor to fresh bread!


This is how I make it :

Blend together:
1 Stick of softened butter
1 tsp fresh minced chives
1 tsp fresh minced parsley
1 tsp fresh minced basil
1 large clove garlic, minced


I spread the herbal butter into molds and freeze to set it:


This is one of my "go-to" additions to bring to a friend when I have little time to think of something clever.

I package it in a cute box or on a pretty plate and add a loaf of crusty bread.  




This is perfect for a basic spread on bread.  It adds so much flavor when broiling garlic bread,  just add a little parmesan cheese  - yum!   You can also add this butter to hot veggies - especially corn on the cob and asparagus.





I store leftovers in the freezer for later use - they defrost quite quickly!


Looking for more variations?  Here's a post from 2018


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful and such a great little gift! The box is adorable, did you make that too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful idea! I love it. I just pinned the recipe and I have been wanting to make some fresh loaves of bread for my daughters and their families so now I have a lovely herbal butter recipe to go with it. This would surely make nice gifts. I love those boxes! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty! Lovely gift for the hostess and love your presentation.

    ReplyDelete