Friday, March 25, 2022

Dad's Oatmeal Cookies

Do certain foods ever remind you of someone?

My dad passed away 15 years ago and he made the very best Oatmeal Cookies!  On Saturday nights we would beg him to make a batch and he would pull out the ingredients and get to baking.  Our mouths would be watering, waiting to hear the oven timer beep!

This tin is from 1982 and I have always kept oatmeal in it!


Today I had a craving for oatmeal cookies.....


BIG ROUND ONES!


I packaged up a few for a friend.


There is nothing like a fresh baked, warm cookie, right out of the oven!

I don't add raisins nor chocolate chips, but you certainly can!


The recipe on the back of the tin is an old standby, but you can find the updated  recipe online.

Do you have memories connected to a specific food?




Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

1 comment:

  1. The cookies look good but the envelopes look adorable! Did you make these? Do share if you did!

    ReplyDelete