Friday, November 12, 2021

Dollar Tree Holiday Craft

These wooden plaques can be found at the Dollar Tree.  They measure 12" x 3"...


I decorated them for Christmas - an easy craft for any age!



For the first one, I simply removed the jute rope hangers, made a pattern of a candy cane to fit, traced it onto the bare wood....


...and painted it:


Using a thin marker I doodled around the edges of the plaque and tied the rope back onto the top


I took apart a floral pick that I also bought at the Dollar Tree and glued a few pieces on the top with a hot glue gun:


A little glitter spray finished it off!


~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second plaque was spray painted white and I painted this simple branch and ornament on it:


I used the rest of the floral pick from the first project and added it to this one:


Glitter spray also made this sparkle!


These plaques would be cute tied onto a gift, hanging on the Christmas tree, or simply hanging on a door knob!



The Dollar Tree has some cute wooden items and other craft items for the holidays, so use your imagination as you stroll thru the store!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. These are darling. Isn't Dollar Tree the best?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really, really cute. I can't decide which one I liked best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are they? Such cute ideas...

    http://myseventiessplit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete