Friday, August 6, 2021

Zucchini Puffs

                        Zucchini Puffs


I had a small zucchini that needed to be used so I made some Zucchini Puffs for an afternoon snack!  







I didnt use a recipe, just tossed together the small grated zucchini (about a cup, squeezed and dried in a towel), an egg, about 1/4 c of grated Steakhouse Onion Cheddar Cheese, a few tablespoons of Panko crumbs, some fresh parsley and basil, garlic salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.  


I have made them with sharp cheddar or herbal cheddar, Italian bread crumbs rather than Panko, leftover bacon, chopped - anything goes!  Experiment, it's always fun to try new flavors!

I dropped piles onto a parchment lined cookie sheet and baked them at 425° for about 15-16 minutes: 


YUM - look at the crispy melted cheese.....


...and soft, fluffy centers!


The perfect little "pick me up" in the afternoon for us to enjoy on the patio



UPDATE:
The next time I made them with zucchini, carrots and onion:



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. I have to try this one. The zucchini are growing like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Patti, these look DELICIOUS!! I love that they're baked instead of fried, and I will definitely have to try these. Thanks so much for sharing and have a great weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! Pinning it to my appetizer board.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have interesting spices and seasonings! These look and sound great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delicious way to use all those zucchinis. Love the ease of this recipe. Yum.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great afternoon snack. Very healthy. Hug
    Lady Samy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a nice lite snack Patti plus healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tried these-very nice! Healthy wee snack or meal accompaniment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to try these, I grated up 2 big Zucchinis yesterday and put them in the freezer for breads... made a lemon version yesterday.

    ReplyDelete