Friday, May 21, 2021

Egg Salad - My Secret Ingredient....

While I am away, and basking in the sun, I leave you with my secret ingredient:

I love these vintage milk glass hens on nests from the 50's.  I have a set of 6 and use them for chicken soup, chicken salad, omelets and egg salad!

I thought I would share my secret ingredient that really gives egg salad a zesty flavor!


Adding Zatarain's Chow Chow adds a unique tang!  I also add a little McCormick's Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning, salt and pepper, and of course, mayo:


Chow Chow is a blend of mustard and tangy relish!


I am not a fan of sandwiches, so I often eat egg salad with crackers or wrap it in lettuce!


Today I served it with fruit:


I guess my secret is out of the bag!  Hope you will try it!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Love your little chicken dishes. Paul loves egg salad. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby loves egg salad. I always tease him that it's a "WASP" sandwich...but those hens are no joke! I want them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lettuce wraps, too (better than bread sandwiches). Thanks for sharing your secret ingredient. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you leave John a supply in the fridge while you are away? Cute presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Need to look for that, thanks! I really like the royal check. Perfect perch for your hen on nest milk glass. Have fun! I know you must be if you're with your partner in crime. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Egg salad is favorite of my sister and I love to have a variety of sandwich fillings in the refrigerator when I have weekend company, this is a great suggestion for making a great egg salad. Have fun at the Cape!!!!Awww.......sound delightful. We still haven't booked a getaway, soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh I love egg salad! I add lots of mayo, some salt, and sometimes bits of radish or relish! All good! Hope the Cape is wonderful. We are headed up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your little hens and thanks for sharing your secret recipe. I like chow chow period but adding some to egg salad sounds so good. I love Hellman's mayo too. Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must try this. I've never seen it around here, so now I'll be on the hunt! My secret ingredient is,,,,......wait for it....,,,,,curry! I love the taste of curry with egg salad or deviled eggs🥚 Even if you don't want to mix it in, it's great sprinkled on top of the deviled egg!

    ReplyDelete