Monday, May 10, 2021

10 on the 10th - Gardening

This month's theme for 10 on the 10th is Gardening.  This is where we spend under $10 related to the theme.  This is also a blog hop so I hope you will visit the bloggers at the bottom of this post!




I am not much of a gardener, but I do like planting herbs.  I found this Mackenzie-Childs creamer a few years ago at a thrift shop for $5.  It has a small chip on the bottom and each year I have planted an herb in it and sat it out on my patio.


The varnish and stain on the wood handle has been stripped by the weather:


I used Old English Scratch Cover and re-stained the handle:


This only took a few minutes and then I applied some varnish to protect the wood!


The rosemary plant was only $2.99 at Trader Joes:


This quick little project cost me less than $10 and I will have fresh rosemary all summer!


Here's a recipe for delicious Rosemary Chicken Breasts






Visit my friends to see their "Under $10 Gardening" ideas:





and me!



Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

10 comments:

  1. Patti what a cute idea! I love how you repurposed the beautiful little cup. And who doesn't love fresh herbs! LOVE this. Gonna have to go thrifting soon to see if I can come up with some fun herb containers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Planting herbs in a thrifted kitchen container is a great idea. Inexpensive, quick and easy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great refresh Patti! I love having fresh rosemary on hand, and it is one of the things I can grow 😂 I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so many beautiful McKenzie Childs pieces. This is adorable, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your teapot you found, great price too. I use Old English all the time, I love the stuff. I don't plant herbs, but loving the look of your little teapot and rosemary. I might just have to start to create the look like yours. Love it Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your planter and herb. I have some new Rosemary growing and it's really trying to SQUAT on me! LOL! Guess I need to give it a little more tender love and care. Thanks for sharing. I love this 10 for 10. I need to hop on this one of these days. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great find and upcycle, Patti. I love growing fresh herbs for cooking and this container is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute pot, Patti!! I do like MacKenzie-Childs tableware and their boat in NY Harbor is really cool! (If you have never seen it, and I liked their Victorian home before that.) I love rosemary, too, and have two plants to get into pots (the last of my spring planting). Great project for this month's $10 challenge. <3

    Have a great week and it was fun hopping with you again,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a delightful find with the little pitcher. Great way to enjoy it and have fresh basil. Happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clever idea! Always fun to find a little MC treasure and repurpose it for the garden. We enjoy cooking with rosemary and will try your recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete