Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Basil.....

If you love the scent of basil, then you will love this seasonal soap I found at Trader Joe's:


It smells SO GOOD!

And speaking of basil, I also bought a basil plant there and it will be planted outside soon.

A few tips for growing basil:

      • Basil will grow best in a location that gets 6 to 8 hours of full sun daily, though it can perform well in partial sun, too.
      • Soil should be moist but well-drained.
      • Basil works great in containers or raised beds, as these allow for better drainage.
      • If you’re planning on cooking with these plants, plant in clean soil, don’t use insecticides, and grow them away from driveways and busy streets so that exhaust won’t settle on the plants.

Here are a few recipes using fresh basil:







I think basil is my favorite herb!  What's yours?


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

5 comments:

  1. Basil is one of my favorite herbs. Thanks for the tips because I'm presently trying to grow some from seeds! Since the outside is still so torn-up I've started a little kitchen windowsill garden. We shall see if anything grows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fresh scent of basil, but I really love cilantro! I like to make pico de gallo with cilantro, tomato, purple onion, and lime juice. Served with tortilla chips! When its leftover, it goes great in scrambled eggs, a pot of beans, or anything you would put a can of tomatoes in. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have GOT to get to TJs! (The nearest is over an hour away.) My basil is starting to come on and I will probably add a couple of larger starter plants soon. If only it would warm up! It's my favorite herb (in a tie with thyme -- or is it a thye with time?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basil is always planted in the herb garden, we love it. I have to get the basil soup from TJ's, prefect for the kitchen. Lovely recipes Patti. Happy Mother's Day.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. The next time I go to Trader Joe's I will have to look and see if they have any basil plants. I love growing basil as it's so easy to grow. I too love making pesto for pasta.

    ReplyDelete