Tuesday, November 17, 2020

French Fries....




One of my oldest (and favorite) kitchen gadgets is a french fry cutter.  I use it every now and then to make "baked" fries in the oven.  


I cut the potatoes and drop them directly into a plastic bag.  I drizzle some Extra Virgin Olive Oil over them and shake up the bag.  This time I tossed in salt and pepper, a roasted vegetable seasoning and some parmesan cheese.  Other seasonings I have used have been onion and garlic powders, spicy seasonings, all purpose seasoning and truffle powder - almost anything goes!


I bake them on parchment paper at 400' for about 45 minutes!


I don't think we have ever bought frozen french fries because these are so delicious!!

  


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. I need this gadget since this is the recipe I've been looking for! Frozen french fries have vegetable oil in them and we won't use that anymore. Thanks, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't bought frozen french fries since my kids were little MANY years ago. Yours sounds delicious! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Patti! Store bought frozen French fries have never been high on my list of what’s good to eat, either. I like how thick cut (and EASY!) yours are. I’ll give this a try sometime soon. Have a spectacular Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We couldn’t live without this at the lake house. Very seldom that we cut less than 10 lbs at a time! Friends from far far and neat show up when you have place on the lake!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! I may need to find room for that gadget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son has a similar french fry cutter, the fries are amazing! He double fries them, we'll have to try your baked version!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade are the best! I have to get my gadget out and have these soon, so good. Baked here, always......your selection of seasonings sound so tasty...........

    ReplyDelete