Thursday, November 19, 2020

A Pretty Charlotte Cake...what a nice gift!

A few month ago I was gifted a Charlotte Cake Pan, by Nordicware, and just got around to baking a cake!  The pan replicates a Ladyfinger Cake, or Sponge Fingers Cake!




Linda, from Life and Linda, made this beautiful cake:


CHERRY CHARLOTTE CAKE

  • 4 eggs, room temperature
  •  2/3 cup sugar
  •  2/3 cup flour
  •  1/2 tsp baking powder
  •  syrup and topping:
  •  8 oz. frozen cherries
  •  1/2 cup sugar
  •  1/2 cup whipping cream
  •  fruit for topping
Directions

    Preheat oven at 350° F. Prepare pan with baking spray. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs on high for one minute. Then, gradually add sugar and continue beating for 6-8 minutes or until light and fluffy. In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Sift half of flour into beaten eggs and fold in. Sift in second half and fold in completely. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes and invert onto a cooling rack.

    While cake is baking, prepare syrup. In a small saucepan on medium- high heat, combine cherries with juice and sugar. Boil for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly and set aside. Drain out fruit and discard pulp. Refrigerate syrup to cool completely.

    When ready to serve, fit electric mixer with whisk and pour whipping cream in bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of completely cooled cherry syrup. Mix on high until soft peaks form, approximately 1-2 minutes. Pour the remaining cherry syrup into center of Charlotte Cake and top with flavored whipped cream and fruit.



Deb, from Mountain Breaths made this pretty cake:


Sponge Cake
4 eggs, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare pan with baking spray. In the bowl of an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs on high for one minute. Then, gradually add sugar and continue beating for 6-8 minutes until eggs are light and fluffy. In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Sift half of flour into beaten eggs and fold in. Stir in second half and fold in completely. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes clean. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes and invert onto a cooling rack. 


So, How did I make my cake?

First of all, I used a cherry cake mix and I piped pre-made frosting on top!!!


And I added a few candy canes to 'doll it up a bit' ....


....and added a sweet little bow:


I don't know why it took me so long to use this pan.

I imagine I will be using it quite often!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. I used to make a pumpkin charlotte for my father each year at Thanksgiving. He so enjoyed it. I have not made it since 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so professional and really do look like lady fingers! I'm surprised that these came out of the pan so perfectly, as the batters all sound quite delicate. At this stage of my life I'd go with your cake mix idea tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty inspirational cakes Patti. Thanks for the recipes. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty cakes! I really like using that pan.

    ReplyDelete