Saturday, August 29, 2020

My favorite season....

If you ask me in February what my favorite season is, I will certainly say SPRING
BUT  
If you ask me the very same question in August, I will certainly say FALL!

Today I bought a magazine, Autumn Cottage, and I look forward to fall colors, crispy leaves, colorful foliage, apples and pumpkins, sweaters and jeans, and crisp mornings!


This magazine is loaded with inspirational ideas and bloggers and IGers are beginning to share their fall decor, too.

I decorate for fall after September 1st (and I don't pull out any Halloween decor until Oct 1st).


I love the colors of fall: deep purples and aubergine....  


...mustards... 


...oranges and yellows, ...


...reds and burgundy and shades of greens! 


I hate to wish summer away, but fall in Central NY is often a beautiful season!



When do you start to decorate for fall?

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Very nice, Patti! I love the jewel colors of fall too. I'm starting to tone things down, and ready to change that front door wreath and mat on 9/1!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last few years I have begun to decorate for fall in Sept also. We usually have nice weather then so I used to wait. I haven't decorated for Halloween much in years, not my favorite holiday. I like leaving my fall decor until Thanksgiving. No Christmas 'till after that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just set out my Fall stuff on Wednesday - it was the only day I knew I would have time to putsey and fluff. I love Fall colors, too, but this year I leaning towards, blue, green, cream, brown. Come on cooler temps! Today it was 103 in Austin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall colors are favorites for me. You've shared some beauties! I'll slowly transition as we are still in heat advisory days. Wishing for some of your cool air. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're on the same decorating schedule, more or less. I'm a little later than September 1, mostly because I'm still up north and here, with our knotty pine paneling and earthy furniture, it looks like fall most of the time! I'll pull out subtle fall till October 1, then add to it with Halloween. I'll look forward to seeing your views.

    On another note, I left your address at home but will be soon sending a note telling you again how much I love the delightful market bag! It got a bit of use yesterday, in fact, stuffed with my book, camera, iPad and something to drink when I went to Mackinaw City to meet Rick on his bicycle yesterday! A perfect size! Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know we're all looking forward to fall and change, we don't start feeling fall in the South until October, but I will start adding more touches after Labor Day. And I agree, no Halloween until Oct 1!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patti, I had good intentions over the weekend to start setting a few things out for fall. Well, my intentions were good but that is as far as it got! LOL! It is so hot here that I am struggling with even thinking about it. Maybe I just needed some inspiration huh? Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. I love the fall colors. A change in weather is needed. I decorated our porch with a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely Patti. I wish you could send a little of your nice temps down south. We are hot well in fall, usually October before the season arrives here. I do love September, a slight change in the air, you know it's on it's way..........

    ReplyDelete