Friday, July 10, 2020

Summer Party...10 on the 10th....

Our 10 on the 10th theme this month was Summer Parties.  This summer many parties will look different than they have in the past. Most will be small gatherings, maybe a few friends, or just close family members, with social distancing, masks and lots of hand sanitizer.

 I want to share a few ideas for
"What to Bring to a Summer Party"

Every time I make cupcakes, I always make a batch of cake balls and store them in the freezer for last minute desserts or a treat to bring to a friend's gathering.

I bought these cute paper plates and napkins at the Dollar Tree  ($2) and the dipping chocolate cost $3.00.  



A quick dip into the melted chocolate, placed on a pretty paper plate, and ready to add to the dessert table at a small gathering:



A perfect tasty treat !

I used an 'old trick' from my college days when I bartended at the local pub.
To fan out a stack of napkins, take a glass and twist the glass over the napkins, and they will 'fan out'"



VOILA:


How about bringing individual cups of jello:


Sophistiplate has the cutest selection of paper cups on their website!


Another idea is to bring mini tea cakes:


They can be "prettied up" with food coloring!


You could always place them in individual paper muffin/cupcake liners to make them easier to pick up!


I also like to bring salads or dips in beach pails! Serving the fruit with skewers and the dip in little paper cups can make this a safer way to serve during this socially distant time!


Here's an inexpensive fruit dip to make: 

Pina Colada Dip:
1 small box instant coconut pudding
8 oz crushed pineapple
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
Mix with an electric mixer and chill for about 1 hour. serve with fresh fruit.


This is a simple, inexpensive party snack that can be served individually: 



And most importantly, don't go to a party without a little 'somethin' for the host/hostess.

Here are two ideas that are useful, inexpensive and easy to make:


The recipe makes one cup of the seasoning and many of the ingredients are probably in your own pantry!


This recipe makes about 3/4 cup.

These are my "Summer Party Ideas" for under $10 - NOW see what my blogging friends came up with!



Blog hop to see other creative Summer Party ideas:


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. Patti, your summer party ideas are great. I love everything you share and would love to be a guest at your party. It is so fun. Your drink recipe is something I want to try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of this looks so good! That mini cake mold is beautiful. You always have some of the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great ideas, I can't pick just one. I crown you the 'Queen of Parties'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas! Your job at the pub has served you well in so many ways Patti ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, I love all the yummy ideas you have here!!! I pinned every one! <3 My hubby will be happy to add your bbq rub to his personal stash. I like the napkin fanning trick!! Very cool.

    Thanks for a bunch of great summer party ideas,
    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Patti! Fantastic ideas. I did NOT know that about fanning napkins, but I do realize how much time I've wasted now. I'm pinning this. Thanks.
    Those DT napkins & plates - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are certainly welcome to all of my parties if you show up with any one of those great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, these are such fun ideas for an easy party! I never knew that about the glass and fanning napkins, thanks for the tip. Who wouldn’t enjoy being a guest at one of your parties?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent ideas and fun recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tip on fanning napkins! Love the new Wilton pan for cakelets. They are the perfect party size!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The plates you found are adorable Patti! And I love your napkin fan tip, looks so pretty!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete