Sunday, July 12, 2020

Summer Sangria Slushy....



Summer Sangria Slushy


This is an easy slushy to keep in the freezer for a 
"hot summer afternoon happy hour"!

All you need is a 1/2 c frozen fruit (I used mango and strawberry), 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, 1/4 c watermelon vodka (or a citrus vodka) and 3/4 bottle of pinot grigio:


I put the frozen fruit and pom juice in my little chopper to puree:


 I poured the wine and vodka into a plastic container and then strained the fruit juice on top :


I froze the sangria overnight and it was ready to serve.  

If it is not sweet enough for you, you can add a bit of powdered sugar before freezing, or add a bit of lemon-lime soda before serving!

I serve slushies with a straw and spoon.  I buy all my straws from Sophistiplate.  They not only have regular sized straws, but shorter ones for cocktails!


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

2 comments:

  1. That looks like the perfect summer drink and a perfect way to stay cool in the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, perfect for the hot summer days.......

    ReplyDelete