Friday, March 20, 2020

Leftover chicken? Make Chicken Cashew Casserole!....

If you are looking for ways to stretch meals during this difficult time of self-quarantining and trying to stay healthy, here is a meal that I made recently and we really enjoyed it!

All you need is 2 cups of leftover chicken to make this delicious casserole!


Its made in an 8x8" pan...


and is quick and easy to make!


Chicken Cashew Casserole
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 T butter
1 can cream of celery soup
1/3 cup chicken broth
1T La Choy soy sauce
3 drops tabasco sauce
black pepper
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 cup La Choy Noodles
1/2 cup cashews

Saute onion and celery in butter until soft.  Blend in soup, broth, soy sauce, tabasco and dash of black pepper.  Add chicken and pour into buttered casserole dish.  Top with noodles and cashews.  Bake at 350' until hot and bubbly (20-30 min). 
** If you prepare ahead of time, do not add noodles and nuts until just before heating









Pin It


Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. That looks good - pinned! I used to eat rice noodles as my chip snack. Forgot about them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to live on chicken casseroles in the early years of our marriage. I'll have to try this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My aunt used to make one like this only using hamburger instead of chicken! I agree with Sarah - casseroles were our staples growing up - such comfort foods!

    ReplyDelete