Tuesday, October 16, 2018

It's fun to learn something new........





...where we made signs for our homes...


The process was quite easy:  
Paint a precut board, adhere the stencil, apply the paint, and wax it.  The framing was completed by the teacher's husband!

Robin made this large sign:


I needed a sign for over my front door, so I chose this phrase:


I wanted to cover up a wall stencil, with the same quote, that has been over our front door for 9 years....


However, John really didn't like the sign, and I must say, it was much too simple and plain and really isn't our style either.  
It would be great in a farmhouse, but not our home!!


So, this stays the way it has been for 9 years!!





Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. It is so much fun to take a class like that! You could spiff up the sign more to your liking. What if you did a little black and white check on the frame? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy classes with friends. I'm certain Mr. P. would have reacted much the same as John. Everything of ours would look the same as 30 yrs ago if I hadn't shaken things up 15 yrs ago. At least you two agreed on this one, that's a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would love to learn how to do that. Love that sign. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taking classes of all kinds, but this one really appeals to me. Were you able to chose your own saying? I really need a sign that reads “ No Sniveling” in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to take classes, such fun, and you should get out your magic paint brush and MacKenzie-Childs your sign up!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have that same quote on a framed mirror - I love those cling things!
    http://cannaryfamily.blogspot.com/2014/07/minor-mirror-improvement.html

    ReplyDelete