Saturday, February 8, 2014

Harlequin Chest

A friend of mine found an old chest on the side of the road - with a little patience and a lot of work, this is the transformation:

It came to me in this condition, with lifting veneer, tape on the top, and it was dirty!:


I painted it with ASCP and then stenciled the harlequin diamonds with my homemade chalk paint:
 

I sprayed the knobs with auto paint:


and that is how I spent my Saturday!


Sharing with:
Metamorphosis Monday @ Between Naps On The Porch
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping It Simple



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

6 comments:

  1. What a happy transformation! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the diamond pattern, it is so perfect for the piece and I like the way it is so subtle...I can think of a lot of places to use this little table...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Saturday well spent, Patti! It is the cutest little chest now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always know just the right touch to transform dull and throw away into treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just LITERALLY applauded!!! GREAT job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Patti,
    That is a perfect transformation! I love the harlequin pattern!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete