Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Black, White, Aqua and Quiche!

I love Quiche.  
When I taught HS Nutrition classes years ago, I always had my students make quiche.  Very few of them had ever tasted it or heard of it.  Many of them loved it and went home to prepare it for their family!


My recipe for basic quiche is simply this:
4 eggs
8-10 oz evaporated milk
8 oz grated cheddar or swiss cheese


Then add whatever ingredients you like - my favs are:
cooked bacon
onion
frozen/drained chopped spinach
mushrooms

Sometimes I am so lazy that I put it all in a frozen pie crust shell (why bother to make one from scratch?)


I bake it for about 45 min at 375'


Quiche makes a great breakfast, lunch or dinner, especially when you add a little fruit or green salad as a side dish.


Mmmmm, good!


Sharing this with:
 Signature Polka Dot dishes
MacKenzie- Childs Courtly Check dishes
Diane Von Furstenberg chargers 
Hand painted checked stemware

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

9 comments:

  1. Yum...looks easy, I think I will try one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the tablescape and lovvvvveeee the painted stemware...so cool...I will also try the recipe it looks sooo delish...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiche is one of my go to meals as it is easy to fix and a great way to use up bits and pieces of what's in the refrigerator. I'm crazy about the mixed patterns of your dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We just love quiche! I have a hard time stopping with just one piece!!!
    What a pretty table. Those goblets are real show stoppers and the blue goes so prettily with the black and white. I just love it all - now serve me up a slice of quiche!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so great that you taught your students to make a good quiche! I know that a lot of young people are often unfamiliar with dishes we take for granted. A quiche is something they can master in a relatively short period of time as long as they can get the dough for the crust right. Once they've graduated, THEN they can use the frozen pie crust if they want! :-)

    I have spinach, plenty of eggs and cheese down in the fridge right now. Hmmmmm....just about lunch time! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to pin the Quiche and the dishes !

    ReplyDelete
  7. never thought of aqua with black and white, great combo! I always love seeing your black and white painted pieces~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this color scheme...

    ReplyDelete