Monday, January 25, 2010

What's wrong with this picture?

My mantle has a large window behind it.

The temperature in Central NY has not been above 35' all week.

I bought new candles at Marshalls and put them on the mantle.

This is what I came home to after ONLY two days of sunshine:
Another lesson learned: Do not buy candles at Marshalls and do not put candles on the mantle.

UPDATE, after reading comments: Never even thought to melt these and make new candles.

Another lesson learned: BLOG and read comments before throwing anything away!

5 comments:

  1. aww noo! Those were such pretty candles too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is Wow! Who would have thought that the sun shining in pretty much freezing weather could have done that? Could you melt them down (use a double boiler) and pour the wax into glass containers to use? Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh No!! How'd that happen? That's too bad! Thanks for popping in to see me and I hope you'll start a rooster collection! Then you'll be in the Rooster Club!! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh noooooo! And they were such pretty candles! Melt them down and make your own new ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer! That's one icky candle. Thanks for letting us know. I saw candles just like that at TJ Maxx and almost picked them up. Love the swirly look but don't want to throw away money.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...