Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Why I choose yellow....

Yellow is the color of sunshine. 


It's associated with joy, happiness, intellect, and energy. 


Yellow produces a warming effect, 


arouses cheerfulness, 


stimulates mental activity,


 and generates muscle energy.


Those are probably the reasons why I pull out all my yellow dishware and accesories during the winter months!


 Our winter months in NY are grey and gloomy, 


and this year we have had over 150" snow!


So, those are probably the reasons why I choose to decorate with yellow all winter long!



Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

11 comments:

  1. Great photos, Patti! I could go for some cheery yellow today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your cheery yellow. Your pretty photos make me think Spring might be around the corner....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yellows! Your home definitely looks cheerful. I can't even imagine 150" of snow. We may have had 1/10 of that this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty Patti! Love the polka dots, they always make everything cheerful! All the touches throughout your home look so fresh and bright, I hope you've had the last snow of the season!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how cheerful all your yellow looks. I could use some of that, too. But my favorite thing in this post is your sign. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the yellow too. It speaks Happy to me. Enjoyed the pictures. Your kitchen is beautiful. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home always looks beautiful and I really love the yellow in the kitchen. I think I need to pull some yellow out too after reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yellow is a great accent color. It looks great with most colors. I love your yellow checks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That’s so smart! Bringing yellow in when the skies are grey and the weather is yucky makes so much sense. A real help for that Seasonal Affective Disorder we hear so much about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow looks lovely in your home! I can't get over 150 inches of snow-wow! Love all of your MacKenzie Childs pieces. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cheerful Patti. It's an extremely happy, cheerful color. That is a lot of snow!

    ReplyDelete