Sunday, February 25, 2018

A Cocktail Garden Gift...

We were invited to a surprise birthday party for a couple who were turning 70 y/o.

I wanted a joint gift, so I created a "Cocktail Garden" for them:


I painted a large clay pot and filled it with potting soil, work gloves, seeds, clay garden markers, a trowel, and a bottle of Rum!


WHY RUM....?


....So, when they grow the Basil and Mint....


 ....they can use it in cocktails....


...I printed out cocktail recipes, cut them into tags ...


...and tied them together!




A fun gift for the birthday couple!!

Happy Birthday to Ruth and Joe, who were certainly surprised by the party their family planned:

 


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. I'm sure they loved this Patti! Cute theme for a celebration. I bet they can't wait to plant their basil and mint in that beautiful checked pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so awesome. You really are so thoughtful in ideas and presentation, Patti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti, this is a clever idea! I love a gift with such thought and creative energy. You are very talented in many ways and an extremely thoughtful person. I know Ruth and Joe were thrilled with this fun gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful idea. Came out lovely. I’m certain you made their day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a really cute idea, Patti. It is hard to come up with gifts sometimes-especially as we get to the ages where we don't really need a thing. Your gift is perfect! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG such a cute idea! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the all time cutest!!!! You are so creative and thoughtful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, I am sure Joe and Ruth were thrilled with such a creative gift. I love the painted pot, what a great job Patti. This is a gift that will give over and over, so thoughtful. Have a wonderful week........

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling gift! So so clever, and you did a great job on the Courtly Check!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative and fun gift. With your creative talents of painting MKC, it makes this gift extra special.

    ReplyDelete