Friday, November 17, 2017

I'm anxious to plan my holiday decor....

As I begin to plan my holiday decorations this year, I wanted to keep out some of my Courtly Checked pieces....

This is my newest piece and I have turned it into a centerpiece....


...by turning the lid upside down...


...and placing a Grandin Road candle ring and battery operated candle on top...


...I turned on the candle timer and placed it on the dining table!


This is another piece I adore and I hate to hide it during the holidays:


...I bought a small Luminara candle at Pottery Barn...


...and pulled out a small candle ring from my Christmas stash...


...and turned on the "timer" so this will light every evening!


I am slowly pulling out a few decorations....have you begun yet?


Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. I love how you're using the black & white in your Christmas decor. I haven't started decorating yet, but I'm sure I'll get started next weekend. I feel like I just put it all away! Time goes by way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever use of both pieces. I'm swooning over your new addition. Great decision!
    I've not started decorating just yet, but I've been thinking about what I want to do this year. I have a few new ideas in mind, but the tree will definitely be a Courtly Check theme as usual. Planning a dinner party for the 7th, and it will also definitely incorporate CC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cannoli!!!!!! You’ve just opened up a whole new world of options for me!!!! I never thought of just flippin’ the lid!!!!!! I’m going to go try this on a couple of things I have right now!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun ideas and they both look great! I really need to get some of those candles-enjoy decorating:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, they're both pretty, but your newest piece arranged and on that table (!) - WOW factor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these! Clever way to use the pieces for holiday decor. The candles on timers are perfect for arrangements like these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! Yes, keep them out and use them. The table is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful addition to your home! Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly turned this into a stunning centerpiece. Love the tablecloth too........

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, Patti, you're an evil genius! I love what you did with the MacKenzie-Childs urn, the lid, and all the pretty on top! The centerpiece looks gorgeous on your table. So, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea. I'm still trying to figure out what I am going to use this year. We haven't been home the past two years and I think I'm a little stale on making decisions. Guess I have to get my thinking cap on and I am gathering ideas from festive places like yours. Something different but still capture the flavor of the season. Thank you for helping me out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so good!!! You are awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete