Thursday, April 20, 2017

Dinner at the kitchen counter...

Sometimes I just feel like eating at the kitchen counter rather than at the table...It feels good to simplify things now and then!
I made a big pot of spaghetti and meatballs, more than enough for two, so there will be leftovers for lunch tomorrow!


I used paper placemats and napkin rings with an Italian theme...


...and opened a bottle of red...


...and pulled out our wine glasses from Truro Winery on Cape Cod...


...and MC Courtly Checked bowls and harlequin forks from Wegman's


...and all I have to do it toss the spaghetti and meatballs together and butter some bread with garlic butter for dinner!


And, chocolate frosted cupcakes for dessert!



Pin It

Sharing with Tablescape Thursday @ BNOTP
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

12 comments:

  1. Pretty fancy for a kitchen counter dinner!! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea to put the cupcake in a candle holder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, love the MC checks. Those forks are from Wegman's???!! I wish we had Wegman's around here. The placemats and napkin rings are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My style for dining (if I sit down at all!). Love the MC you sport so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We often have dinner at our kitchen island! I love the MC bowls and your menu sounds delicious and yes to a cupcake! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I rarely set the table or even the counter for us. It seems we basically eat on a tray out on the sunporch. It's so nice right now, that I should be setting the table out on the terrace every night. We eat so simply these days that dinner is often just a salad. I'd love to dine at your place settings. Dinner sounds delicious, and I'm crushing over your Wegman find. Does it say who makes that flatware?

    ReplyDelete
  7. We eat at the counter almost every night and like you I try to make it a little special. Your dishes and flatware are such fun. I'm a sucker for patterned/colored flatware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. another example of the perfect becky homecky!!! I've lost my touch or either I've just gotten lazy in these empty nest years...
    I have those glasses...from the winery in Cape Cod! My best friend and I went there on our gallavant thru Cape Cod..good times!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm jealous that you had cupcakes. We love "dining" at our island.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just visited our MacKenzie Child's dealer this week. Love some of the new Courtly Check shapes. CherryK

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Patti, just wanted to say that I love the flatware!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Patti, We eat in all kinds of places when it's just the two of us ... in the den at the tiny tall table, on the deck, the kitchen counter, the kitchen table, the long desk in the study in front of the fireplace, and even sometimes the dining room! That's the beauty of being just two! I love your CC collection and the cute cupcake holders too. Spaghetti and meatballs sounds like a good idea for us tonight! Linda

    ReplyDelete