Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Sunflower Field in Camillus, NY

There is a sunflower field around the Inn Between Restaurant in Camillus, NY:


Unfortunately, we visited a few days after the flowers were in full bloom and many were drooping....


...but there were still some bright, vibrant, happy faces for us to see:


Taking a "selfie" with a camera, with the sun in your eyes, is not as easy as it is with a phone:


 The flowers cover acres of land surrounding the restaurant...


....and there is a lovely pond to sit by while enjoying the view!


The flowers only appear every few years and there is a maze where many get lost for quite a bit of time.  The next time we visit, I hope to see them in full bloom!

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

4 comments:

  1. Are they planted for harvest or just come up on their own? I had about 10 sunflower plants come up this spring and I didn't plant even one. They were compliments of the birds. Some of them were beautiful and very unusual color.

    I bed those field of Sunflowers were amazing.

    Have a great weekend.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure if they plant or if they just pop up - it's truly amazing!

      Delete
  2. I love sunflowers! They look like happy little faces smiling up at you.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool, Patti. I agree, taking selfies is hard enough, but in the sun, it's nearly impossible! I was surprised at the fields of sunflowers we saw along our travels....apparently an industry in areas of the country I wouldn't have expected!

    ReplyDelete