Saturday, June 25, 2016

Victoria, BC

Last week I was in Victoria, British Columbia


We took a carriage ride around the city...


The highway that crosses Canada from the Pacific to the Atlantic begins here:


The fishing pier had lots of white seals...


....who put on quite a show for us!


The piers had "floating houses"...


...with little "porches"...


...and flower boxes...


...and shells and driftwood...


...lovely flowers...


...painted in bright, cheery colors...



...and whimsical detail...

...and tropical designs...


...on three long piers...


...and even a B&B...



...and one special home at the end...


 ...that warned this...

 

...and a lovely gift shop with local pottery.


This funny little float caught my eye!!


Victoria was a pretty city, with a busy downtown area and lots of history.  The best part was hearing that their weather is typically between 46' and 76' all year - which sounds like perfect weather to me!!










Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

8 comments:

  1. Hi Patti! My husband and I visited Victoria before we got married. There was only one problem - we were there on a Sunday and everything was closed. We took the boat over and there were some rough seas but they passed out dramamine so everything was okay. Lovely town and I look forward to going back when the stores are open. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't the flowers there just unbelievable? Everywhere you look are these gorgeous flowers. Love that place.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that Victoria is worth a visit so it's on our list. Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patti, Victoria is a beautiful town. My favorite thing to do is visit Butchart Gardens which is just outside of town. It's totally amazing! I hope you got to visit.
    One of my good blogging buddies lives in Victoria. Do you know Pondside?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti - glad you were able to experience Victoria. The float home village you toured is where my sister-in-law and brother-in-law live. Their home is called the Birdhouse because of its shape and they always have lovely flower baskets down the side (as your picture showed).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came so close last year when I was in Vancouver! I know that was a fun trip, your photos show in detail what I missed :(
    I sure enjoyed touring with you……….

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is high on our list of places to go soon! We are thinking of taking a train across Canada. Those little houses on the water are adorable. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Patti, always look forward to reading your blog and your latest adventures. Your Alaska trip brought back wonderful memories that I had with my late husband and the three trips we made there...one in our motorhome! Have a great Fourth!!!

    ReplyDelete