Monday, January 19, 2015

Crash Hot Potatoes

This is my 1000 post!

Crashed Potatoes have been on my list of "foods to try" for some time now.

Today was the day.

I baked 4 red potatoes.  You can also boil or microwave them.

In a small bowl I mixed some course salt, fresh ground pepper (from Guadeloupe) crushed red pepper flakes, garlic salt, a pinch of mixed dried herbs and paprika….


…and at the last minute I decided to mix in a little parmesan cheese.


I crushed the cooked potatoes with a potato masher and drizzled EVOO on a baking sheet and on the potatoes.  I sprinkled the dry mixture over the top and baked at 400' for about 15 minutes.


These were SO GOOD and I will definitely make them again!

On a side note….It was only 12' here today.  I stayed in my pjs all day.  I puttered for hours, dusting, putting things back where they belong, sewing, ironing, catching up on emails, browsing through magazines, hanging prints I bought in Europe, and going through recipes I have cut out of magazines.  It was a great day!

I just might do the same thing tomorrow!

I began my blog on March 6, 2009 as a way to journal.  This is my 1000 post and I wanted to thank all of my readers.  Sometimes I am so surprised and humbled when I check my stats and see who is reading my blog and how many are reading it!  I hope that I have entertained, inspired and made you smile now and then!    There is certainly more to come!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. We love these potatoes! Glad you had a productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look yummy, and that sounds like the perfect day to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...