Monday, January 19, 2015

Crash Hot Potatoes

This is my 1000 post!

Crashed Potatoes have been on my list of "foods to try" for some time now.

Today was the day.

I baked 4 red potatoes.  You can also boil or microwave them.

In a small bowl I mixed some course salt, fresh ground pepper (from Guadeloupe) crushed red pepper flakes, garlic salt, a pinch of mixed dried herbs and paprika….


…and at the last minute I decided to mix in a little parmesan cheese.


I crushed the cooked potatoes with a potato masher and drizzled EVOO on a baking sheet and on the potatoes.  I sprinkled the dry mixture over the top and baked at 400' for about 15 minutes.


These were SO GOOD and I will definitely make them again!

On a side note….It was only 12' here today.  I stayed in my pjs all day.  I puttered for hours, dusting, putting things back where they belong, sewing, ironing, catching up on emails, browsing through magazines, hanging prints I bought in Europe, and going through recipes I have cut out of magazines.  It was a great day!

I just might do the same thing tomorrow!

I began my blog on March 6, 2009 as a way to journal.  This is my 1000 post and I wanted to thank all of my readers.  Sometimes I am so surprised and humbled when I check my stats and see who is reading my blog and how many are reading it!  I hope that I have entertained, inspired and made you smile now and then!    There is certainly more to come!

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments: