Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Gray, Gloomy Day

Years ago, when I first moved to central NY from Cape Cod, I remember thinking that Syracuse was a "gray" city.  If the sun is not shining, there seems to be little color around here, especially in the winter:

So, when I set the table for lunch with a girlfriend, I decided to brighten the table with shades of yellow:



We had soup, salad and warm bread.  I love to use my covered milk glass chickens for soup.  The little yellow flower dishes were used as dipping bowls for my favorite "Spicy Tomato Artisan" oil:

 The salad was arranged in my favorite yellow checked bowl and it was served on yellow buttercup enamelware (both retired MacKenzie-Childs patterns):

Lunch was delicious and it brightened up a gloomy day!


Sharing with :

Pin It
Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

13 comments:

  1. Good Evening Patti, There is nothing like the colour Spring yellow to brighten a day. Your dipping flower bowls are so pretty and I can almost taste the spicy tomato artisan oil. You cannot beat a nice soup with crusty bread...delicious.
    Have a lovely evening,
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were on the same wavelength with yellow tables this week! I love that yellow checked salad bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti your table looked beautiful! Sounds like you had the perfect lunch on a cold, gloomy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your table is beautiful and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patti, the buttercup pattern looks great with the courtly check. What a beautiful table on a grey day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cheerful table for a dreary day. Love your table covering...is it MC?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely a day brightener, Patti! Gray here too, but better than snow!
    Love the colors, very cheerful!
    Thank you for joining us at Let's Dish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patti, I must be a little out of it because I didn't realize that pattern was discontinued, nor did I know you were from the Cape! I have several posts about it as we love to spend time there. I love your cheery table and I'm sure your friend must have too. It was dark here today too, but things are looking up for later in the week. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure know how to set a cheerful table, Patti!! I love your Mackenzie-Childs dishes and I'm sure you and your friend were in a happy mood after sitting at your wonderful tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yellow is such a happy color! Love the pretty yellow dishes mixed with the CC. And don't need to tell you that I'm envious of that table topper you made. You are one talented lady! Oh, and the milk glass chickens......just another special detail that makes me smile! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yellow is great on a gray day, and you have some great stuff. Is the table itself also MCk?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are not the only one experiencing gray days. You have to do something to brighten them up, and I'd say you've done it well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We haven't seen the sun in 4 days, and it's rained heavily most of that time. Supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight, but it still hasn't changed over here north of Charlotte. If the temps dip below freezing the roads will be a mess in the morning, several districts have already delayed or closed. Your table setting looks great! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete