Thursday, February 4, 2010

My Mantra...


If you can't find what you want, MAKE IT YOURSELF! I've seen some black and white candles, but they weren't the exact color I was looking for. So I took a black Sharpie marker and colored a harlequin design onto my candles:

I wanted to match my plate from Hobby Lobby:

And on the other side of the room to match my bowl and lampshade
It was simple to do, just pencil on the design and color it in with a marker! I purchased these candles at the Christmas Tree Shop for $1.69 and $1.99 ea. - a bargain!

I am joining Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple for the 1st time...Visit to see some great ideas that bloggers are sharing

13 comments:

  1. Good for you! The candle looks sweet! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Love black and white, love harlequin, love your plate...lampshade...the candles are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay...I'm speechless...;)
    Cindy at Lakewood

    ReplyDelete
  4. :-) Well, why didn't we think of that? What a fantastic fix for a candle dilemma! Just draw it on with markers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, that is a fantastic idea! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! What a great way to fix up a candle! I really like your blog! Very creative! I don't think anyone can pull off a pink kitchen like you did! Very cool!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Since my Home Ec didn't go so well, I'm hoping that it will now! I may be stopping by with questions on sewing! :oD

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea-I never would have known you used a sharpie
    -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how those turned out! Very creative to even think to use a sharpie. Like everyone said, i would have never guessed that it was done by a sharpie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you can also buy candle paint at Michel's----I remember using it for something years ago. Your candles look great, I love the black and white theme. Isn't Hobby Lobby wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now those are SO cute!! I love Hobby Lobby and I love the unique candle ideas. You are just giving me tons of ideas with candles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thats a good thing to know... I will have to remember that for the future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE black and white...You did a great job. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE IT!
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks for stopping by!

Facebook

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...