Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thrifty Candlestick

I got lucky at Home Goods the other day. I bought a fabulous candlestick for $2.00
It is about 20" high and I am not sure if I should repaint it or keep it gold.
I certainly didn't need it, but it was too cute and too cheap to pass up!!

Joining Thrifty Thursday with Leigh at Bloggeritaville again...hop on over to see what other thrifty finds our blogger friends came across this week!

Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

7 comments:

  1. I so wish there was a home goods near me. boo hoo! You got a great deal, I would paint it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty and what a wonderful price. If it were mine I would paint it white and distress it. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find! I found similar ones there a couple of months ago. They were NOT $2 (she says with a grimace.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you just love it when you find something you really like for almost free! I think I would paint it...in my case it would be a pale aqua.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never turn down a cute/cheap candlestick! I vote for black paint with just a little of the gold peeking through!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my heart be still. Those are my very favorite kinds of finds. I picked up a marked down, marked down mirrored tray for $3.00, spray painted it then took rub n buff to it and RUINED it! Now I have to repaint but I'm not giving up.

    ReplyDelete