Friday, May 10, 2024

Cheesy Garlic Bread

Here's a delicious way to serve bread - it's perfect as a little snack, an appetizer or served with your dinner.....




Not too long ago Olla Podrida posted her garlic butter recipe and it reminded me of a very similar recipe I have used for years.  I usually just use my butter to make garlic bread, but she added cheese!!  So I had to try it.

Our Garlic Butter recipes are quite similar, but I like to add a little "kick of spice" to mine:

Garlic Butter

In a microwave bowl mix the following and microwave until butter is melted.  Refrigerate over night.

4 T butter

2 large, minced garlic cloves

1 T chopped chives

1 T chopped parsley

A few dashes of hot sauce or cayenne pepper

Slice 16 slices of a baguette, 1/2 “ thick, at an angle and spread butter on each slice.  Broil until edges of bread are golden.  Cover each slice with a mixture of  shredded cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese and broil until the cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.



You can also pour the melted butter into butter or candy molds and refrigerate - it looks so pretty on a bread and butter plate!


Enjoy!




Patti @ Pandoras Box
Patti @ Pandoras Box

I live in central NY and I am a retired family and consumer science teacher. I enjoy all types of crafting, decorating and cooking

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention. I don’t think I have ever met a garlic butter that I haven’t liked. Keeping it on hand at all times is a must around here. It’s good on top of steaks, burgers, and vegetables as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so yummy. Have a good week. Hugs. Kris @ Junk Chic Cottage

    ReplyDelete